Saturday, August 29, 2009

29 August 2009




This blogs marks the beginning of an adventure. My aim is to develop a blogspot for the Chiltonville Church Middle School & High School youth.

I'd like to call it: CCC.Online.Discipleship.

The idea is to provide an alternative to traditional Sunday School - where students could come to learn, consider, and interact with the material that is presented. This blog would allow any Middle School or High School student to take part - even if they are not a part of our CCC church family. My hope is that ALL of the kids in the youth group would connect...

That being said - parents would also be invited. We have nothing to hide. But we do have a ton of Good News to share. The more the better.

I am a novice at this and I would welcome those who would like to share the journey. Feel free to offer advice, recommendations, and ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Bill,

    This is a great idea. I think we should have an intro session for kids and parents to show them how this will work and how to access it. It would encourage the kids to participate and show the parents what the kids would be looking at.

    Will everything that is posted here be open to the public? If so, we might want to encourage the students to create user names that are somewhat anonymous, for example chiltonvilleyouth1, chiltonvilleyouth2, etc, or just use first names. That might make parents more comfortable than having their kids names or identities in a place where anyone can look at them.

    I'm new to blogging, but have some experience with online training. If there's something I can do to help with presenting the content online, let me know.

    I look forward to seeing how this all plays out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Dad! What's the deal with the picture of the flower coming out from under the pavement, though?

    ReplyDelete